- Freelance Writer with over twenty years experience writing award winning children’s books, award winning web content, scripts for animated and live-action film, voice writing for many well-known licensed characters, greeting cards, news headline jokes, and magazine articles, product description and branding.
Children’s Books Licensed Characters Brand Voice
- Editorial Director who has led writing staffs to produce greeting cards, allied product and brand story. Able to approve writing, rewrite, give credible feedback and redirection to motivate and make writers productive, and meet deadlines.
- Creative Consultant who has led brainstorms and concept creation sessions, creativity and writing workshops. Skilled in motivating and focusing large groups, with a proven track record for commercially successful results. Able to manage relationships with writers and artists, marketers, administrators, producers and retailers.
Share and Enjoy
A quick career history and some accomplishments
- I was a senior writer on the Shoebox and Fresh Ink writing staff at Hallmark starting in July of 2005.
- For the previous six years, I was the Editorial Director for the card line Fresh Ink, from its initial concept stages.
- I’ve had over 2,500 pieces of writing accepted for publication on greeting cards, and other various media, listed below.
- I was the creator, lead writer and editor of the Newsdroppings segment of the Shoebox blog and facebook page, for which I wrote roughly 1,200 news headline jokes per year. The blog is a four-time Pixel Magazine Award nominee for Best Humor Website, and winner of Pixel’s People’s Choice Award for Best Humor Website of 2008.
- I’ve written voice content for the licensed product of The Simpsons, The New Girl, Mike And Molly, Modern Family, 2 Broke Girls, Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock, The Office, Family Guy, Duck Dynasty, Jake And The Neverland Pirates, Phinneas and Ferb, The Sopranos, Star Wars, Lord Of The Rings, multiple Disney characters, Warner Brothers Characters and many other television shows and films.
- I wrote original jokes for audio cards voiced by Chris Rock, and created product voices for properties including Starbuck’s Coffee and Harley Davidson Motorcycles.
- I’ve had jokes and card writing featured on television for CBS Sunday Morning and CNN’s Crossfire.
- I’ve had jokes read on the air for National Public Radio on three occasions, on Morning Addition, Fresh Air and Evening Addition.
- I’ve been featured in news articles about professional writers on several occasions, including for the L.A. Times, The Boston Herald, The Kansas City Star, and GQ Magazine.
- I wrote what became among the first ever original dialogue approved by Lucas Arts for the voice of Darth Vader, rather than repurposing preexisting film quotes, which was all they had previously allowed for audio content.
- I wrote a screenplay for a live-action short film involving the Star Wars property entitled Powerful Allies, which was approved for production at an as yet unspecified time, to possibly appear as a video extra on a future Star Wars property DVD.
- I co-wrote the story lines and scripts for the animated shorts for the character Asteroid Andy entitled Pick Me! and Pilot To Copilot. www.hallmark.com/online/asteroid-andy/shorts/
- I wrote the interactive children’s book Jingle And Bell’s Sing-along Christmas Song Book, which won a ‘Dr. Toy 10 Best Tech Products’ award in 2013.
- I created, directed, produced and edited audio and video content for Hallmark’s Family Stories, a 90-minute feature capturing peoples’ real-life memories to inspire universal specifics for Hallmark’s many emotion sharing product lines.
- I assistant directed, script coordinated and co-produced the short live-action film Quality of Life, produced by Hallmark Cards, Inc. and presented at various short film festivals in 2013.
- In 2005, my poem, Waiting For A Tornado, was read by the former Poet Lauriat Ted Kooser at a symposium for professional writers as an example of how humor can be successfully used in verse.
Share and Enjoy